SPECIALISTS IN DENTAL AESTHETICS
3 Step Aesthetics
All 3 Step Smile dental procedures begin with a complete diagnosis and smile design process. We use a variety of techniques to give you the desired smile. From teeth whitening to crowns on teeth, we can keep your teeth and at the same time guarantee your final smile exactly as you wanted.
Thanks to the cutting-edge technology in the laboratory, we can design a tray that will allow us to place up to 10 veneers at a time in an arc. This makes it possible to have a smile makeover in just one visit.
- Conservative treatment: the carving is minimal, and in some cases it is not necessary to carve.
- Improves the aesthetics of the smile.
- Changes in teeth color that is resistant to bleaching.
- It conceals small alterations in the position of the teeth.
- Restores the anatomy of the tooth in cases of wear, fractures or malformations.
- It covers the cracks in teeth aged or affected by bruxism or tightening.
- Taking records: models of teeth, bite, photos, x-rays.
- Approximately in 10 days we have a wax model with the proposed treatment for the patient. It is a preview of the result, it can be tested in the patient’s mouth and it can even be taken home to discuss the outcome with friends and family. If it is necessary, we change what is appropriate and give an appointment for the day of dental preparation and making definitive records.
- Appointment of about 90 min to prepare the teeth and make definitive records. The patient goes home with some temporary care.
- After 15 days the final veneers are placed and they are reviewed again in 7-10 days to check occlusion and remove possible cement remains.
If we are going to work on both jaws, they will be done independently, not at the same time, in order to correctly adjust the occlusion. Patients with veneers should undergo manual cleaning in ceramic areas to avoid scratching, or use rubber tips on the ultrasound.
The time for the completion of treatment will depend on the aesthetic needs of each case.
When a caries or fracture occurs in an anterior tooth we have to seek the maximum aesthetics when it comes to restore it. To do this, we can not use the same composites as to restore a caries of a posterior tooth because with molars, the most important thing is resistance, although always has to be aesthetically good, but with incisors and canines, the most important thing is to “not being noticed”so the composite must have special fluorescence and polishing characteristics. We will, also, have to resort to the use of makeup to give the tooth texture and special polishing systems to achieve high gloss and avoid subsequent staining of these fillings due to tobacco, coffee, red wine, tea …
With aesthetic composites we can also restore the aesthetics of the previous sector by making veneers. This treatment is faster than porcelain veneers and requires less carving, but it dyes more with food and has some limitations in extensive restorations. We also work with preformed composite veneers that adapt to the dental surface and modify the color or shape of the tooth. It is a cheaper alternative to porcelain veneers.
The composite veneers are placed directly on the natural tooth, using a resin in several layers, while the porcelain veneers are manufactured in the laboratory. Durability is another big difference, composite veneers usually last between 2 and 5 years, as they deteriorate with use, as oppose to porcelain veneers that last between 8 and 10 years without deteriorating.
Not at all, nowadays porcelain veneers are getting thinner, so tooth carving is minimal. It is a simple treatment, fast and without pain.
Porcelain veneers require the same maintenance as natural teeth. They are made of a material that is not affected by cavities but they are attached to a part of the tooth which is vulnerable to decay, so it is always recommended a good oral hygiene based on tooth brushing 3 times a day and the use of dental floss, once a day.
If it has become detached but still in one piece, it can be re-cemented, otherwise, the whole process needs to be repeated from the beginning. The patient’s tooth is provisionally replaced by a composite veneer while the porcelain veneers are being made.
Like natural teeth, we should avoid strong impacts like aggressive bites or blows with objects. As with natural teeth, enamel can crack as a result of biting hard food, nail biting or by tightening the teeth. In the veneers it will cause cracks in the ceramic that if deepened can cause a fracture. Porcelain veneers, unlike those of composite, is that they cannot be repaired and have to be replaced.
If you would like a teeth whitening, it must done before the veneers treatment because the tone of the ceramic will match the tone of teeth prior the whitening.
At Crooke & Laguna Dental Clinic we offer you a solution to improve the aesthetics by rehabilitation the whole mouth by changes in colour, shape and / or size that have occurred as a result of dyes, malformations or fractures.
For example in patients with bruxism, teeth stained or large changes in colour or dental anatomy (change the shape if we do not like or close spaces between the teeth after a periodontal disease).
The technique requires thoroughness, since the carving is minimal (and in some cases non-existent), and the cementing has to carry a rigorous protocol.